The system designed by DPE is particularly aimed at all companies that deal with transporting meals for companies, individuals, schools and all customers who book a selected meal.
Meals are normally transported in heat-tight and sealed crates.
We carried out a research and a high percentage of manual skills emerged which can cause errors in distribution with consequent complaints from the customers served.
Here is a summary of the processing:
- The empty crates can be stacked or fed in series via an infeed belt;
- We can hypothesize areas where the baskets with the products to be picked are positioned, in this case the COBOT can pick up products both on the shelving and in the dedicated pick-up area.
Once the heat-sealed plates have been prepared and filled with gripping spaces with the products (boxes, yogurt, etc.) and the first box is proposed, distribution is started.
The 3 possible scenarios:
Robotic system :
- In this case the quantity per product is known and the cash box is filled automatically.
- One or more COBOTs (collaborative robots) collaborate with the operator to perform the tasks of:
- Automatic / manual crate filling
- Closing box
- Preparation for shipment
Manual system :
- One or more operators take the products from a shelf and fill the crates by interacting with a touch monitor that informs the operator of all the picks that must be carried out, then proceeds with the phase of closing and shipping the crates.
Mixed system :
- It is conceivable a system with COBOT and a manual part to pack all non-robotic products and / or have an end-of-line operator for cash closing activities.
At the end of the line an operator (if foreseen) will take care of:
- If necessary, arrange the contents inside the crate;
- Add any non-robotic products (if they exist);
- Close the box;
- Apply a label (if applicable);
- Place the box for shipping.
Main advantages of the system
- Processing precision to eliminate / reduce packaging errors in the crates towards the Customers;
- Certain processing times (log: registration / consultation of all operations);
- Assuming a high time of 5 seconds per set, we calculated excellent times;
- Processing tracking (log);
- At this particular time of Covid-19, the manual intervention of operators is reduced to a minimum;
- Compact size;
- It can be interfaced with a management system via data exchange such as via file / Web services / etc. etc;
- Designed for I4.0;
- Open to customizations suitable for the type of processing.